Department Conference (RefKonf)
The RefKonf constitutes the executive body on the VS’s (Verfasste Studierendenschaft) central (basic) level. It comprises all members of the StuRa’s departments. Said members are elected by the StuRa for certain areas of responsibility in which they act autonomously and represent the VS as agreed upon with StuRa and/or RefKonf itself. The session chair belongs to the Chair of the VS.
Contrary to StuRa sessions, the RefKonf is usually in session bi-weekly. All attendees of RefKonf are elected department speakers (1 vote per department) as well as the VS chairs (shared vote). Consulting RefKonf members comprise elected speakers of autonomous StuRa departments, VS senate members and chair representatives (former session chairs).
The RefKonf deals with matters exceeding the responsibility of departments or which have to be addressed within a broader scope. These include i.a.:
- Communication with Heidelberg University, Organisations etc.
- Financial Resolutions for events and purchases made by and for the VS
- Reports, exchange of information among members
- Resolutions of proposals, press releases etc.
- General administrative affairs (if necessary with staff members)
- Pre-consulting and participation in preparing the budget plan
- Answering requests
- and much more.
During the semester break, the RefKonf partly takes over tasks of StuRa. About this, the StuRa has to be informed in detail.