Referatekonferenz – the Executive Committee
The RefKonf constitutes the executive body on the VS’s (Verfasste Studierendenschaft) central (basic) level. It ist the meeting of all Referate (offices) – each office has one vote. Often more than one member of a Referat joins the meeting. Said members are elected by the StuRa for certain subject areas, in which they act autonomously and represent the VS as agreed upon with StuRa and/or RefKonf itself. The session chair belongs to the VS-Vorsitzenden (Chair of the VS).
Alternating to StuRa sessions, the RefKonf is usually in session bi-weekly. Attendees of RefKonf are the voice leading officers of the Referate (1 vote per department) as well as the VS chairs (shared vote). Consulting RefKonf members comprise officers of the Autonome Referate (autonomous offices), Senate members of the VS and members of the StuRa-Präsidium (StuRa presidency)
The RefKonf deals with matters exceeding the responsibility of departments or which have to be addressed within a broader scope. These include i.a.:
- Communication with Heidelberg University, Organisations etc.
- Financial Resolutions for events and purchases made by and for the VS
- Reports, exchange of information among members
- Resolutions of proposals, press releases etc.
- General administrative affairs (if necessary with staff members)
- Pre-consulting and participation in preparing the budget plan
- Answering requests
- and much more.
During the semester break, the RefKonf takes over some tasks of StuRa. About this, the StuRa has to be informed in detail.